Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Married Female - MM5



The guesthouse is on a bluff over the sea with a long staircase down to the sand.  You and your husband go for a walk on the beach.

“I never thought I would be glad we never had children,” you say reflexively.

“I know, I’ve thought about it too, but I came up with a different answer,” says he.

“Really?  And, what is that?”

“I think we should have given someone life even if it were only to be for a short time.”

“You mean even if you knew?”

“I would not have said so a few days ago, but I do now.”

“It is strange; knowing when you are going to die…” you say and he grips your hand.

“I don’t think this is the end of us,” he says.

“What do you mean?”

“ Reincarnation, there are 2,500 documented cases at the University of Virginia.  They have a research department for it.  I’ve read of two little boys who have well documented recollections of having been a soldier and a pilot, killed in battle.  One was introduced to his old fighter group and he knew all the men!  After it was over he told his mother  he didn’t want to go back because everybody looked so old!”

“My goodness…”

“Apparently there are lots of kids who have recollections between age three and five and then the new life takes over because they find the old life is no longer valid or liveable.”

“And, they are little.”

“Right.

“So next time we’ll do it right and be high school sweethearts.

“Oh, you’re silly….  But, I like it…


No comments:

Post a Comment